[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crispin Aeru

Molding versus ranking up

4 posts in this topic

Does it matter if you mold your gear or should you just save your supplies to rank up to the next tier when it's available? So far, it looks like the stats from molding don't carry over when you rank up the gear so I'm wondering if it's worth it to actually mold or just save up materials to rank up your set all at once

It's always a good idea to rank up all of your gear in batches to make sure you keep your set bonuses. then once it is ranked up, mold it. If you should reach a point where you level to a point where you can choose whether to rank up to the next set, but you haven't molded it yet then it is really up to you. Most people won't reach the level necessary to rank up to the next level, and have the materials for it, before they have enough materials to mold the gear after ranking it up since ranking it up will require the next tier of materials (i.e. you would need level three materials to mold, but level 4 materials to rank up).

Hopefully that makes sense. If not I can try to clarify further.

Wouldn't it be worth more to just use the materials with the Prayer button in the backpack since those stats apply to your whole team instead of just boosting the stats on one character/piece of equipment?

Ranking up is your priority in this scenario.  If you have spare materials after ranking up then go for molding.

If you are pushing for every possible bit of power all the time then molding is better (on a char by char basis).  The decision should also be based on how close you are to the next rank.  For example if you are just lv 80 and you have abundance of materials, then mold everything first.  If you are 95+ are you have a choice to mold or use for prayer, personally I'd pick prayer.